Dominion Leasing Software 2013 User Conference
The Jefferson Hotel
April 21st - 23rd
The 2013 Dominion Leasing Software User Conference was held April 21 – 23, 2013, at The Jefferson Hotel in downtown Richmond, Virginia. Built in 1895, The Jefferson Hotel is truly amazing both in terms of ambiance and architecture. It is one of only a handful of hotels in North America to earn both Mobil's Five Star Award and AAA's Five Diamond rating. This setting provided a great experience for the conference attendees and the Dominion Leasing Software staff to attend the various break-out sessions as well as network and share valuable experiences.
The 2013 User Conference format was expanded over previous years to provide sixteen breakout sessions covering a variety of topics in both training and overview classes. This gave attendees the chance to learn about existing and new system features in a greater level of detail, while still providing summary offerings to those who prefer that format. The User Conference featured a wide variety of speakers and topics, all offered in a classroom style setting, ensuring there was something for everyone in attendance. In addition, we were pleased to be joined by representatives from Ivory Consulting Corporation who provided a brief demonstration of their Portfolio Analytics product, which is now integrated with LeaseComplete.
This year our focus shifted a bit more to our upcoming LeaseComplete Version 5 release. Attendees were able to learn more about this complete redesign of LeaseComplete, including the look and feel, as well as new enhancements being developed. One session focused on the upgrade process and included a live demonstration of an upgrade from LeaseComplete Version 4 to Version 5, which demonstrated the portability of user customizations to the new system.
With all this work going on, you would think there was no time for fun – but you would be wrong! Upon arrival Sunday evening, attendees were treated to a social featuring cocktails, heavy hors d'oeuvres, and lots of good conversation! It was our pleasure to greet both old and new friends, and to catch up on family and relations in such a casual environment. Monday evening featured another of our now famous User Conference celebrations! After a brief cocktail hour and a mouthwatering dinner, we were entertained by attendees demonstrating dances ranging from disco to "Gangnam Style"! To continue the educational theme of the conference, we hosted a hilarious "Dominion Game Show" where attendees competed for prizes by answering LeaseComplete-related questions. Throughout the evening our DJ played some amazing music, and attendees danced or amused themselves with the Dominion Photo Booth and supplied props. It was truly an incredible evening, and just what everyone needed to unwind after the long day!
Breakout Sessions Offered
- Introduction to Screen Painting
- Advanced Screen Painting
- Sales Taxes
- Interim Funding / Progress Loans
- Payment Quoting
- Lease Rewrites
- Preventive Maintenance & Repairs
- Version 4.16 Overview
- Reporting Made Easy
- Ask the Experts
- Ivory's Portfolio Analytics
LeaseComplete Version 5.0 Sessions
- Key Enhancements
- Preparing for Installation
- Q & A
2013 User Conference Comments
- Venue was fantastic. Sessions were informative. Speakers were great. What a "complete" user conference!
- Explained material in a clear, concise manner.
- Was helpful to have other Dominion Team members in each classroom to help answer questions.
- Information was very apropo for our current work progress. We are planning to offer some of these features in Q3.
- Smaller classroom setting was great for flow of discussion.
- It is very exciting to see Version 5 coming together.
- Liked the live demo of LeaseComplete Version 5 and inclusion of screen shots in printed materials.
- Exciting features! I can see the practical use right away.
- Version 5 looks amazing! Can't wait to try it out. Seems to have improved flexibility.
- Great job on Version 5. New system looks fabulous.
- Excellent sessions. The presenters are very knowledgable and many speak with a great passion to what they do.
- Cannot wait for final implementation. LeaseComplete Version 5 looks awesome!
- Great flow in training sessions. Easy to follow, yet pace moved along nicely.
- Presenter's use of toggling between bullet points and live demo is very helpful.
- Learned some very useful and interesting topics about utilizing features of the system for our company.
- I really enjoyed the subject specific areas; also the showing of future development.
- Loved the dinner and entertainment, but also loved the whole conference. Learned a lot about the system.
- The conference sessions were easy to follow, good flow.
- The conference provided a good mix of information about LeaseComplete.
- Conference speakers presented the material in a manner that was easy to understand and contained the right amount of detail.
- I really enjoyed meeting and talking with the Dominion Staff. I always learn something new at the conference.
- All information provided was timely and helpful.
- Speakers' verbal skills and confidence of presentation were excellent.
- Presenter showed great enthusiasm for the subject matter and was well prepared.
- The presenter connects well with the group and can easily be understood.
- Great job! The presentation made the material very understandable to me.
- Discovered we were under-utilizing features such as report checklists and need the report scheduler. Great info.
- Presenter did a good job pointing out areas of attention in a very busy subject.